Thursday, May 28, 2009

Graduation



Tomorrow marks the end of an era. We planned. We bought. We partied. And we're out.

My high school experience was not typical. I completed my last 2.5 years of high school through independent study, meaning that it was me and a tutor in a small office once a week. My high school graduation consisted of about 100 individuals, most of them pregnant or over the age of 25, congregating on a stage to receive our diplomas amongst complete strangers. There was no class photo. No yearbooks were signed. Just me, my diploma, and a bunch of people I never knew.

Agency life is a lot like how I imagine high school to be: gossiping about who hooked up last weekend, sneaking off campus at lunchtime, bitching about that unreasonable teacher (client), and making some really great friends along the way.

Today we sat around the table at lunch and talked about what we would miss most about ZO, and the unanimous answer was each other. There is no doubt that some of the best friendships I've made over the years have been born from this agency. So tomorrow we put on our caps and gowns (flip flops and jeans), collect our diplomas (final paycheck) and sign each other's yearbooks (facebook wall posts). I never had a senior year in high school, but senior year at ZO has been the time of my life. Congrats to all the grads, have a great summer, K.I.T., and I'll see you at the pool!

No comments:

Post a Comment